Senior Service Tech
Services and repairs a Canon office equipment at customer locations, usually within a specific geographic area. Viewed as specialist on assigned products - Canon. Additional responsibilities may include Team Lead/Coordinator role. Receives minimal direct supervision.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Specializes in the servicing and repair of a core set of highly complex office products.
· Manages territory, inventory and customer relationships.
· As a specialist, provides 2nd level technical support to other technicians.
· Achieves expected productivity levels associated with assigned workload and level of experience. Demonstrates technical expertise and provides specialist services
· Performs a full range of servicing and repair service procedures including diagnostics, installation, removal and retrofits on a core set of highly complex office products.
· Demonstrates required digital competencies associated with assigned products and level assignment.
· Performs troubleshooting and repairs or replaces equipment components as necessary.
· Completes technical training on new equipment as assigned. Provides advanced training
· Conducts OJT for new and experienced technicians as required.
· Conducts technical seminars as required.
· Serves as a role model and exhibits professional appearance and behavior at all times, under the most difficult situations.
· Is a positive influence/champion within the team/organization.
· Proactively seeks ways to improve things. Manages Territory
· Assumes responsibilities of Field Service Manager as required.
· Effectively executes all required territory management and call handling procedures.
· Works closely with sales partners to maximize equipment leads and upgrade opportunities.
· Maintains and manages own parts inventory with a high degree of accuracy.
· Adheres to territory back-up plans.
· Completes all required administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
· Complies will all company policies. Customer Service
· Effectively handles the most difficult customer situations.
· Acts as a communication link on unresolved technical problems/issues.
· Interacts with external customers for the purpose of determining service needs on equipment and ensuring overall high level of customer satisfaction with the service performed.
· Maintains productive, professional relationship with all IKON personnel.
· Responsible for maintaining a "car stock" inventory with a value of $1,000 to $4,000.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications)
· Requires high level technical skills typically gained through completion of technical school and 3+ years of related experience including a minimum of 1 year as a Certified Customer Service Technician.
· Requires Canon Digital+ Certification and sustained (at least 2 years) “ASTI Certification “
· Requires basic computer/connectivity competencies (Digital + Certified).
· Requires a valid state driver’s license and minimum level of auto insurance coverage per Signa Digital Solutions policy for positions entailing extensive use of personal car while on company business.