System Engineer Tech
The Systems Technical Specialist is a specialist in the technical support of the connected
input (scanning) and output (printing) environment. Serves as mentor for Connectivity
knowledge skills development for other customer services technicians. Additional
responsibilities may include Team Lead/Coordinator role.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Specializes in post-sales connectivity/enabler support and installation within a specific
· As a specialist, provides demonstration assistance, training and problem resolution to
customers and other service technicians.
· Utilizes diagnostic software to troubleshoot and isolate systems failures to expedite
systems recovery. Troubleshoots software, hardware, and connectivity-related issues.
Perform firmware updates as necessary.
· Achieves expected productivity levels associated with assigned workload and level of
· Provides technical training and problem resolution to customers and other service
technicians regarding connectivity and basic enabler hardware
· Assumes responsibilities of Field Service Manager as required.
Provides specialist services
· Performs Basic/Premium Connected and Scanning installations, sets up IP address,
downloads printer drivers and provides customer training on printing/scanning functions.
· Resolves software and hardware related problems through diagnostics and problem
resolution relative to the connectivity of digital and enabler products.
· Serves as Connectivity/Enabler Mentor.
Provides advanced training
· Conducts technical seminars to facilitate the troubleshooting and repair of connected
digital and enabler products.
· Attends manufacturer/vendor technical seminars and communicates with sales
representatives, technicians and customers concerning training, product support and
· Distributes technical information relative to connectivity, scanning, and enabler
· Serves as a role model and exhibits professional appearance and behavior at all times,
under the most difficult situations.
· Is a positive influence/champion within the team/organization.
· Proactively seeks ways to improve things.
· Effectively executes all required territory management and call handling procedures.
· Works closely with sales partners to maximize equipment leads and upgrade
· Maintains and manages own parts inventory, if required, with a high degree of
· May be responsible for maintaining a "car stock" inventory with a value of $1,000 to
· Completes all required administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
· Available to work shifts, stand-by, and/or on-call as required.
· Complies with all company Customer Service policies.
· Effectively handles the most difficult customer situations.
· Acts as a communication link on unresolved technical problems/issues.
· Initiates escalation process as necessary.
· Interacts with internal and external customers for the purpose of determining service
and ensuring overall high level of customer satisfaction with the service performed.
· Maintains productive, professional relationship with all SIGNA personnel.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Education, Experience and Certifications)
· Requires technical skills typically gained through completion of formal training and 4+
years of related experience in a connected environment.
· ASTI Connectivity, or related industry certification, and other product-related
competencies are required.
· Requires a valid state driver's license and minimum level of auto insurance coverage
per Signa Digital Solutions' policy for positions entailing extensive use of personal car
while on company business.
· Requires regular written and verbal communications with vendors of hardware and
software to gain further technical knowledge of applications.